Registrations are now open for the 5th UNI-SET Energy Clustering Event
Come and participate in discussions with world-class speakers, including academics, industry leaders and representatives of the EU energy policy sector to address how universities can better contribute to tackle the transition towards a low carbon society. The EUA-Platform of Universities in Energy Research and Education (EUA-EPUE) is recognised by the European Commission as the main representative of universities in energy matters. The Energy Clustering Events (ECEs) are strongly dialogue-oriented to raise the voice of the university sector in the field of energy.
Universities and the UNI-SET Energy Clustering Events
The ECEs are addressed to university leaders with an interest in the field of energy, including rectors, vice-rectors for research or academic affairs, deans of faculty, directors of institute, heads of laboratory, energy initiatives or other energy-related structures within universities. You may want to forward this invitation to a colleague of yours who could be interested in contributing with his/her experience.
The ECEs are platforms for high-level discussion and for identifying partners to establish collaboration. The events are organised in the framework of the FP7 UNI-SET project (UNIversities in the SET-Plan) aimed to mobilise the European universities research, innovation and educational capacities for the SET-Plan. The project is coordinated by the European University Association (EUA) and implemented in partnership with KU Leuven, representing the universities in EIT InnoEnergy.
Multidisciplinarity is a key characteristic of the ECEs, by pooling the expertise of researchers and educators from a broad range of disciplinary backgrounds and experience. In considering ‘energy’ and its related issue ‘climate change’ from a very open perspective, from typical engineering, science and technology fields to economics, social sciences and humanities, all EUA universities are encouraged and welcome to be part of the energy-related activities
Objectives of the 5th UNI-SET ECE
The main objective of the event is to mobilise the European university community within the specific SET-Plan priority called “N°1 in Renewable Energy”. In line with the “Roadmap for European Universities in Energy”, published in December 2016, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Provide their input to generate and shape up policy positions from the university community to inform the future European funds for research and higher education in the field of energy, with a view to the last work programme of Horizon 2020 and of the next framework programme FP9.
- Exchange best practices on adapting the curricula and teaching methodologies of energy-related educational programmes in the Parallel Sessions. We will use the outcomes of the "European Universities Energy Atlas".
- Participate in multidisciplinary dialogues through the ‘clustering’ of knowledge with experts from different backgrounds in the Clustering Sessions.
- Develop recommendations for new paradigms for universities in the priority “N°1 in Renewable Energy”.
- Explore ways to strengthen the cooperation of universities with businesses and other strategic energy stakeholders in the framework of European funding instruments and programmes.
Click here to have a glance at the preliminary programme.
Call for Contributions
Registration is free of charge and will close on 15 May 2017. Please note that attendance to the event is limited. Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.