Digital Marketing and Technical Operations Specialist Position
Are you a creative and tech-savvy individual with a passion for digital marketing, branding, and web design UX with a passion for optimizing operational processes, and excellent communication skills in English? If so, we would like to hear from you!
We are Science|Business, a leading media and communications company that specialises in EU research and innovation (R&I) policy matters and are currently seeking a Digital Marketing and Technical Operations Specialist who will play a key role in delivering our digital marketing campaigns, effectively distributing our [news]content and launching a new subscription service while continuously optimizing our audience’s online experience experiences across the board.
You will be contributing actively to optimising operational processes, managing third-party suppliers, coordinating with team members, and developing detailed project plans to monitor and track progress. You will also support the Director of Marketing & Communications in managing marketing campaigns and providing support in sponsorship and partnership sales activities.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
Digital Platforms Management:
- Maintain and troubleshoot CRM (Active Campaign), digital events platform, and payments gateway.
- Providing back-end support in DRUPAL and ensuring front-end maintenance of the CMS of the website.
- Monitor the social media posting schedule in coordination with the Social Media Specialist.
- Report on and optimize integration with the site, digital campaigns, and CRM.
Tech Support for Events: Provide technical support around and during physical and online events.
- Produce newsletters (in ActiveCampaign).
- Assist in the graphic design of marketing materials and publishable reports.
- Collaborate on and safeguard S|B brand identity across outlets.
Sales and Marketing Support:
- Upkeep of Google Tag Manager (GTM) and reporting (GA4/Google Looker Studio) in support of digital campaigns.
- Monitor user behavior across channels and optimize CRM and website UX geared toward engagement and conversion.
We are a small and nimble team and everybody pitches in where needed, so being flexible, adaptable, and a good team worker are key assets. Assisting with general office work and other company projects will be part of the package, making for a varied and interesting experience.
Please note: we are not necessarily looking for “the finished product”. There is ample room for professional development in this position, and we coach our people with an eye on personal goals and skill sets.
However, to be considered for this role you should:
- 2 to 3 years of experience, with a demonstrated record of handling coordination and planning tasks autonomously.
- Detail-oriented and precise, with outstanding tracking/monitoring skills.
- Proficient in CRM software (e.g., ActiveCampaign), Google Tag Manager, and GA4/Google Looker Studio.
- Experience in graphic design, UX, and web content management [DRUPAL].
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with a focus on marketing and communications.
- Professional or native-level command of English and any additional language skills are always welcome in our already highly international office environment and diverse clientele.
If you're passionate about digital marketing, branding, and web design, and you want to be part of a dynamic team shaping the future of innovation in Europe, we encourage you to apply! Please send your CV and a brief motivation to [email protected]. The application deadline is Jan 15.
This position can be either part-time or full-time, under employment or freelance contract. Salary commensurate with experience. References are not needed immediately when applying but may be asked for at a later stage of the application process. Please note that depending on the volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to respond in detail to every application.
News assistant wanted
Science|Business, a Brussels-based media company focused on R&D policy and investment, is looking for a News Assistant to help with reporting and production of our newsletters.
This full-time position is for an aspiring young journalist with an interest in supporting the production of our coverage of R&D policy news and investment in Europe.
The successful candidate would work together with our team of journalists and editors to keep the Science|Business website updated, deliver two weekly newsletters, conduct background research to support the news team, moderate an upcoming comments section, and help our social media manager reach our audience on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress)
- Experienced with mass e-mailing services (Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor or others)
- Some professional experience working in digital newsrooms
- An interest in EU policy and some knowledge of the science and technology landscape in Europe
- Fluent English writing and speaking skills
EU district, Brussels, Belgium
Terms and conditions
The duration of the contract is 12 months, starting under the conditions of the Convention d'immersion professionnelle.
Please send CV and sample clips to [email protected] by 22 August 2022, indicating in the subject line that you are seeking the News Assistant job.
Science Business Publishing Ltd. is a UK and Belgian media and communications company specialised in the European innovation community. The company was founded in 2004 by leading science and technology journalists in Europe to facilitate cross-border and cross-sector R&D activities, and has developed a unique reputation among European research institutes, universities, technology companies, EU institutions, and government agencies. Its online news service of EU innovation policy has 25,000 subscribers, and it organises more than 30 events a year on various R&D policy topics.
More at www.sciencebusiness.net