Business Development Consultant
Part-time or full-time position
Status: Free-lancer / independent contractor
Science|Business is a media and communications company specialised in the EU research and innovation (R&I) policy landscape, supported by an international network of 60+ leading companies, universities and public agencies.
We are looking for a resourceful, entrepreneurial consultant to accelerate our current expansion and support our overall growth strategy. The individual will be responsible for leading business development linked to at least one major sector – such as ICT, energy, health or transport – through the development and sale of products and services that serve current members and attract new clients. In doing so, he or she will join a dynamic, creative working environment and share in the rewards of our fast-growing company.
- Expand the company’s client portfolio in one or more specific sectors
- Secure sponsorship for tailored initiatives
- Manage client/stakeholder relations
- Lead on design and implementation of some consultancy projects
- At least 5 years of experience in communication consultancy or public affairs
- Indepth knowledge of at least one industrial sector, and in particular latest research, technology and innovation trends that matter to prospective clients
- An understanding of EU institutions and the research and innovation policy landscape
- Excellent network within relevant research and innovation communities
- Proven ability to win new business and manage client relationships
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills, with a proven record of developing and delivering topline communications strategies for clients
- Fully fluent in English (native or equivalent)
Please send your CV, covering letter and at least 2 references to email@example.com by e-mail. Application deadline is 21 November 2018.