The Fonds de recherche du Québec (FRQ) and its partner the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO) are delighted to announce the launch of the third call for proposals which aims to contribute to the development and excellence of university and scientific collaboration between Quebec and Flanders. It also aims to promote cross-domains and interdisciplinary research by integrating at least two relevant research domains from the FRQNT, the FRQS and the FRQSC.
The results of the funded projects should in particular allow:
- to pool Quebec and Flemish expertise and experiences;
- to consolidate interdisciplinary teams;
- to carry out projects that advance basic research.
For this 2020 competition, the two organizations agreed to go beyond the themes targeted in previous calls and to open it up to new fields of research.
- Deadline: June 2, 2020, 5:00 p.m. (Brussels time); either 11:00 a.m. (Quebec time)
Only one joint funding request is to be completed and submitted on the FWO platform by the Flemish main team.
- Details of this competition can be found in the Call for proposals.
The FWO supports fundamental research, strategic basic research and infrastructure in the Flemish community, stimulates international cooperation and promotes equal opportunities.
This article was first published on 13 March by Fonds de recherche du Québec.