- The EIT Health Catapult 2023 competition winners were announced on 20th June at the Bits & Pretzels, Europe’s most start-up-centric Healthtech conference.
- Past competitions have seen winners and finalists attract significant interest from leading biotech and digital health companies.
The winners of the EIT Health Catapult 2023 competition were revealed yesterday, 20th June, at the Bits & Pretzels Conference. The competition, an initiative by EIT Health, aims to accelerate the growth of European health start-ups by providing them with access to experts and investors. EIT Health is part of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Now in its seventh year, Catapult has already supported more than 200 start-ups, with a community of more than 400 investors and 2,500 healthcare professionals backing the programme. Catapult is part of EIT Health's extensive portfolio of initiatives aimed at elevating a fresh generation of companies capable of delivering transformative solutions to health challenges faced by Europe's citizens.
The winners, who were announced at the conference, represented the finest in European healthcare innovation across the Biotech, MedTech, and digital health categories:
- The Biotech category winner is Immunyx, a start-up from Israel.
- Spanish start-up, Time is Brain, won in the MedTech category.
- The Digital Health category award went to German start-up, Deepeye.
- One of the finalists, BiomeDX, was awarded the 'Alex Casta Audience Award' based on the votes of event attendees.
Magda Krakowiak, Director of Business Creation, EIT Health, shared her excitement: "Each year, the EIT Health Catapult unearths some of Europe's most inspiring start-ups, and the 2023 competition was no exception. The reveal of the winners at yesterday's finals at the Bits & Pretzels Conference marked another milestone in European healthcare innovation. We stand ready to support these start-ups in their mission to transform healthcare."
Catapult delivered by EIT Health and run by three EIT Health partners, Cap Digital, Medical Valley and BioRN, has a proven track record of bringing fresh perspectives to the European health sector. Throughout the programme, start-ups receive intensive training as they build their credibility and visibility through pan-European exposure. We would like to congratulate all the 21 finalists who pitched at the Bits & Pretzels Healthtech event.
This article was first published on 21 June by EIT Health.