Excellence Revisited – The Value of Excellence is one of the major events of the Danish EU Presidency, and will take place from 18 - 20 April 2012 at Aarhus University. The conference is an important step in the development of the ‘Excellent Science’ objective of Horizon 2020. It will bring together policymakers, high-level stakeholders and researchers to discuss excellence and exchange ideas.
The ambition of the conference is to highlight current European positions on research, higher education and innovation policies, since European policymakers and stakeholders within these areas are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of excellence
The objective of the conference is to:
- Discuss what excellence is, why excellence is important and how excellence is created, supported and applied at every link of the innovation and research chain.
- Discuss ways for Europe to stimulate excellence.
- Exchange ideas on how Europe can perform excellent research and how it is transformed into innovative solutions.
Selected keynote speakers and contributers at the Excellence conference are:
- Gu Binlin, President, Tsinghua University and Member of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Philip Campbell, Editor-in-Chief of Nature
- Claus Hviid Christensen, Chairman of the Board for the Danish Council for Research Policy and Senior Manager, Dong Energy, Group R&D
- Wilhelm Krull, Secretary General of the Volkswagen Foundation
- Jerzy M. Langer, Professor, Foreign Secretary of Academia Europaea
- Helga Nowotny, President of the European Research Council
- Baroness Onara O'Neill, Professor, University of Cambridge and Member of the House of Lords
- Sir Adrian Smith, Director General, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Frank Ziegele, Managing Director, Centre for Higher Education
Click here to find out more and register for the conference at Aarhus University.