CNRS - French National Center for Scientific Research
The National Center for Scientific Research, or CNRS, is a public organization under the responsibility of the French Ministry of Education and Research
ounded in 1939 by governmental decree, the CNRS aims to:
- Evaluate and carry out all research capable of advancing knowledge and bringing social, cultural, and economic benefits for society.
- Contribute to the promotion and application of research results.
- Develop scientific information.
- Support research training.
- Participate in the analysis of the national and international scientific climate and its potential for evolution in order to develop a national policy.