CNRS - French National Center for Scientific Research
The National Center for Scientific Research, or CNRS, is a public organization under the responsibility of the French Ministry of Education and Research
ounded in 1939 by governmental decree, the CNRS aims to:
- Evaluate and carry out all research capable of advancing knowledge and bringing social, cultural, and economic benefits for society.
- Contribute to the promotion and application of research results.
- Develop scientific information.
- Support research training.
- Participate in the analysis of the national and international scientific climate and its potential for evolution in order to develop a national policy.
CNRS - French National Center for Scientific Research News
Scientists in the LIGO and Virgo collaborations have achieved the first ever three-detector observation of the gravitational waves emitted by the merger of two black holes.
05 Oct 2017
13 new members added in past year to network uniting industry, research and policy
27 Jun 2017