The Fonds de recherche du Québec (FRQ) and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) identified mutual interests in strengthening their existing bonds of collaboration and promoting the development of specific programs. IIASA is an international research organization located in Laxenburg in Austria. It conducts interdisciplinary scientific studies on environmental, economic, technological and social issues in the context of human dimensions of global change.
The FRQ-IIASA postdoctoral program has been designed to foster the mobility of new researchers toward scientifically stimulating and dynamic environments. The program will enable Quebecer postdoctoral fellows to participate in the postdoctoral programs at IIASA. The research interests of the fellows should be aligned with sustainable development goals as stand-alone topics or combined with any of the following :
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Ecosystems Services and Management
- Evolution and Ecology
- Risk and Resilience
- Transitions to New Technologies
- World Population
Candidates are encouraged to browse the web site of the IIASA to get a better comprehension of its research programs. Among the sections of the application form, they will have to provide a 4-page research proposal aligned with the research interests of IIASA.
Two postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded by the program for one year with the possibility of a one-year extension. FRQ will pay 50 000 € per fellowship and per year for a bursary in form of a salary of 39 000 € plus all salary related costs, travel costs and maintenance of the postdoctoral fellow. IIASA, for its part, will pay 26 384 € per fellowship and per year to cover the mentoring, supervision and administrative costs of the fellowship holder.
Calendar of the competition
- Monday January 13th 2020 : call for proposal including the program rules
- Wednesday January 29th 2020 : availability of the application form in FRQnet
- Wednesday March 18th 2020 : deadline for the application
- Mid-June 2020: selected candidates will be contacted by the FRQ and IIASA to confirm their acceptance of the fellowship. Results of the competition will be announced to all candidates
This article was first published 17 December 2019 by Québec Research Funds.