Science|Business Data Rules webinar from 15:30 to 17:00 CET
This Science|Business online webinar will explore how policymakers could and should shape the flow of data between countries and between the public and private actors. It will discuss the trade-offs between maintaining data sovereignty and harnessing data for the greater good, and how to enable data to flow more freely across the private and public sectors and academia.
After the event, Science|Business will publish a report summarising the discussions.
Segment 1: How to balance data sovereignty with multilateralism and globalisation
- Why do we need data sovereignty and how should we define it?
- Do we need a global framework for data sharing between countries?
- What have we learnt from the response to the pandemic?
- How can we address the data inequalities between rich and poor, and the global north and south?
Segment 2: Boosting data flows between different segments of the economy and different actors
- What impact will the EU Common Data Spaces have on the data economy in Europe and elsewhere?
- What incentives and penalties are needed to encourage the private sector to share more data?
- Do we need trusted intermediaries to facilitate data sharing?
- How can we protect intellectual property and individual privacy, while maintaining healthy competition and driving innovation?
For more information, please contact [email protected]