A Science|Business Data Rules online workshop (13:00 – 15:00 CET)
This online workshop will explore whether international harmonisation of artificial intelligence (AI) regulation is both possible and desirable. It will consider whether there is an emerging international consensus on the rules that should govern the development and deployment of AI and data analytics.
Some of the questions, the workshop will address include:
- What are the pros and cons of international harmonisation of data analytics and AI rules?
- If different parts of the world take radically different approaches to AI regulation, what will that mean for R&D and innovation
- Should developing countries take a different approach to Europe and North America?
- To what extent will the EU’s forthcoming AI Act set a template for the rest of the world?
- How much impact will the Global Partnership on AI have?
- Are we likely to see meaningful international harmonisation of data and AI rules in the medium-term?
Please note that the number of seats for in-person participation will be limited. Priority will be given to members of the Data Rules Steering Committee and Science|Business Network. A notification will be sent one week before the event to confirm in-person or online status.