A Science|Business Data Rules webinar (15:30 – 17:00 CET)
How can AI systems support individuals’ health and happiness? Should we develop digital assistants/life coaches, underpinned by AI, to support wellbeing? As they monitor individuals’ behaviour, such tools could provide increasingly personalised information and advice on everything from how to sleep and exercise better to how to build relationships and master new skills. A digital assistant could, for example, monitor how people are speaking to help detect stress, anxiety and depression, enabling earlier interventions that could save lives. In theory, digital life coaches could yield many benefits for society as a whole, but in practice, they may face opposition from people concerned about privacy and/or malpractice.
This webinar will consider:
- Are digital life coaches desirable? What are the upsides and downsides?
- How could they improve mental health?
- How will they impact our decision-making?
- How will they be paid for?
- To what extent can the individual really be in control?
- How can we ensure they are working entirely on behalf of the individual rather than a third party?
- Where will the personal data they collect be stored and analysed?
- How will they be regulated? Do they need to come under rules governing health and medicines?
- Will it be possible to define a meaningful duty of care?
- How should they account for cultural differences/norms?
For more information, please contact [email protected]