Europe is facing an energy crisis. With tough carbon reduction targets, efforts to secure energy supply and mounting political uncertainty, energy has become a critical issue for governments, businesses, civil society and European citizens.
In this context, Science|Business is organising a conference that will gather leaders from the European academic, business and policy worlds to discuss the following issues:
- How can the new Commission co-operate across functions to ensure progress?
- What mechanisms can achieve real breakthroughs in resolving the energy trilemma?
- What incentives to embark on new energy infrastructure projects? Is the public on side?
- What are the key enablers and barriers to investment in the energy sector?
- How can policy frameworks, business models and market design ensure that energy projects continue to attract investment?
- Energy efficiency - the most obvious, and the cheapest, solution?
- What role for new technologies to achieve system efficiencies?
- Can Europe find the ideal energy mix?
For inquiries please contact Ruxandra Cracea at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +32 (0) 2304 7577.
Time: 11:00 - 14:00
Date: 20 January 2015
Venue: GE Garages, Rond Point Schuman, 2-4 B-1040 Brussels