The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
The incumbent is supposed to provide administrative support for the entity by accomplishing and performing administrative organisational tasks as well as processing the correct, timely documentation of files & information in order to handle research proposals and budgets in an effective and efficient manner.
This is a position with major opportunities to develop a career in research management.
- Assist the Head of the Research Support Department with all aspects of research administration of internal research projects and related calls including data base maintenance
- Ensure and maintain an overall overview and a monthly reporting of research budget per project in close cooperation with the accounting department in compliance with rules and regulations
- Administrative support for a research environment and the entity by accomplishing administrative and performing organisational tasks as well as the correct, timely processing and documentation of files and information in order to handle research proposals and budgets in an effective and efficient
- Support research activities by collecting information and identifying needs concerning administration of funding in order to establish best practice policies and procedures
- Support periodical and ad hoc reporting on research activities to internal stakeholders
- Develop workflows and put procedures in place,Update and where required improve and inform on workflow and procedures in Visio or similar, Excel formats.
- Grant management
- Contribute to internal cooperation and communication between Research Support Department and other research entities, projects and central services
- Develop continiously skills in internal and external grant administration
What we expect from you…
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification in an area relevant to research management, and/or degree in management studies
- Experience in having already worked in a similar academic environment or funding agency
- Experience in research and project management tools and techniques; experience in internet technologies is a plus
- Good command of IT tools
- Multi-tasking skills, interacting within different communities and stakeholders across UL
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Be flexible and have the ability to prioritise workload, keep deadlines, be able to work on different tasks in parallel
- Very good communication, organizational and problem solving skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Research facilitator
- Job Reference: UOL05131
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs