Science|Business, a growing media company focused on European R&D policy and investment, is seeking a trainee news reporter to join its news operation as soon as possible.
- Brussels-based reporting on EU research, innovation, education and other policy news, under guidance of senior journalists
- Assisting in research and reporting for diverse editorial projects and policy reports
- Assisting in social media, Web and other electronic promotion of our news service
- Paid internship contract, converted to full employment if successful
- Some journalistic experience, in or after university, with articles to show it
- Superb English-language journalistic writing skills
- High energy, great curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep into a topic
- EU citizenship or work visa
- Preferred: some knowledge of EU affairs, more than one EU language, social media and online skills
How to apply:
Send your CV/Resume and – this is essential - a sample of prior published articles to email@example.com, with subject line Trainee News Reporter.
Apply by 15 March.
Science|Business is the dominant independent news source for EU research and innovation policy, and is now expanding its news coverage. It publishes online at www.sciencebusiness.net with twice-weekly newsletters going to more than 20,000 registrants. It also organises 20+ events a year and manages a membership organisation of more than 60 universities, companies and public-sector institutions with a stake in R&D collaboration, funding and policy. It launched 15 years ago, co-founded by former managing editors of the Wall Street Journal Europe and Nature. This position is a vital step in our efforts to expand.