Science|Business, a growing media company focused on European R&D policy and investment, is seeking a senior editor to join its news operation as soon as possible.
- Brussels-based reporting on Horizon Europe and related EU research, innovation, education policy news – live news, scoops, features and analysis
- Coordination and planning of online EU R&D policy news coverage with small team of professional journalists
- Assisting as needed on assignment, editing or drafting of special policy and conference reports of the Science|Business Network, or other editorial projects
- Moderation of Science|Business conference sessions as needed
- Reporting to Editor-in-Chief, and working with Managing Editor for daily news production
- Independent contractor based in Brussels. Pay commensurate with experience.
- At least five years of full-time professional journalistic experience in either EU affairs or in European science and technology news (preferably both)
- Superb English-language journalistic writing skills, demonstrated by a record of high-impact articles (scoops, features, analysis)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, eager to help build our brand and readership online, and to help us grow the company and its membership network
- Preferred: knowledge of EU research programmes, more than one EU language
How to apply
Send your CV/Resume and a sample of prior articles with the subject line 'Senior editor: [your name]' to email@example.com
Science|Business is the dominant independent news source for EU research and innovation policy, and is now expanding its news coverage. It publishes online at www.sciencebusiness.net with twice-weekly newsletters going to more than 20,000 registrants. It also organises 20+ events a year and manages a membership organisation of more than 60 universities, companies and public-sector institutions with a stake in R&D collaboration, funding and policy. It launched 15 years ago, co-founded by former managing editors of the Wall Street Journal Europe and Nature. This position is a vital step in our efforts to expand.