The Finance Manager’s mission is to ensure the sound financial management of the company, the accuracy of its budget and forecasts and an optimal and efficient use of financial resources in support of the operations.
This is a freelance part-time position based in Brussels. We are looking for a results-driven and confident finance manager to manage and improve our organisation's financial performance and handle our accounting operations.
Duties for the finance manager will include managing accounting records and costs allocation, monitoring expenditure, issuing invoices and tracking late payments, liaising with the accountants and ensuring accuracy of financial data and timely publishing of financial statements, liaising with the payroll providers and producing timely salaries, forecasting revenue, draft and record all commercial contracts, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, coordinating auditing processes, supporting corrective actions and good practices aiming at improving the performance and efficiency of Science|Business.
- Strong analytical skills, a flair for numbers
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of Belgian accounting practices and requirements and of analytical reporting
- Financial degree, a minimum of 5 years of relevant financial experience
- At ease with Excel. Ability to handle Winbooks a plus
- You are discreet and ensure strict confidentiality of the data that you will be working with
- Proficient knowledge of English & French (written and spoken); any other language appreciated
- Good collaboration & communication skills within multicultural environment
- Experience in financial management of EU projects is a plus
- Independent contractor based in Brussels. Pay commensurate with experience.
To apply and/or for more information, please contact email@example.com. Please send your CV, cover letter and at least 2 references by email with the subject line 'Finance Manager: [your name]'.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2020
Starting date: mid-June 2020
Please note that due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we won't be able to respond to every application individually.