Role: Director, Communications Consulting
Position available: ASAP
Application deadline: 30 September
Type of contract: freelance/independent contractor
Location: Brussels preferred
Director, Communications Consulting
Science|Business is a media and communications company specialised in the EU research and innovation (R&I) policy landscape, supported by an international network of 70+ leading companies, universities and public agencies.
We are looking for an experienced sales and consultancy executive who can accelerate our current expansion in Europe and beyond. The individual will be a senior member of our management team, with a track record in finding and managing communications consulting clientele. He or she will be responsible for creating communications packages – events, reports, campaigns and strategy – for large private and public sector clients with a message to convey in Europe about R&D and technology policy.
Science|Business was formed 15 years ago to apply communications skills to improving science and technology policy, and encouraging international cooperation. This position is an ideal step up for an ambitious account executive wanting to make a mark in the European policy scene. We offer freedom to grow, challenges aplenty and a chance to use your communications and entrepreneurial skills for the benefit of all.
- Expand the company’s client portfolio in specific sectors in which the individual has strong knowledge and connections
- Create effective communications packages tailored to client needs, and secure their sale
- Help the rest of the team get sponsorship for specific events, content or other initiatives
- Manage client/stakeholder relations
- Assist the managing director in charting growth strategies
- At least 5 years of experience in client management in communications consultancy or public affairs in Europe
- In-depth knowledge of at least one industrial sector, and latest policy trends in research, technology and innovation that matter to prospective clients
- An understanding of EU institutions and the research and innovation policy landscape, including at least 3 years working in Brussels
- Excellent network within relevant research, innovation and tech communities in Europe
- Proven ability to win new business and manage client relationships
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills, with a proven record of developing and delivering top-line communications strategies for clients
- Fully fluent in English. Competence in additional languages preferred.
- Experience managing and delivering communications projects
Please send your CV, covering letter and at least 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail if you need more information.
Science Business Publishing Ltd. is a UK and Belgian media and communications company specialised in the European innovation community. The company was founded in 2004 by two leading science and technology journalists in Europe and has expanded to a team of communications experts, developed a unique reputation among European research institutes, universities, technology companies, EU institutions, and government agencies and devised a series of initiatives to help Europe innovate:
- A unique network bringing together more than 70 leading technology universities, multinationals, and public sector organisations to facilitate policy debate and stimulate innovation in Europe.
- An online news service of EU innovation policy and a weekly newsletter distributed to 18,000 key innovation contacts and beyond.
- A communications consulting service, focused on the innovation community. This position would be focused on growing that portion of the business.
More at www.sciencebusiness.net