Science|Business, a growing media company specialised in EU innovation policies, opens a part-time position (free-lance) to help with the management of its accounting and administration. We are looking for a results-driven and confident Bookkeeper to manage and improve our organisation's financial performance and direct our accounting operations. Duties for the Bookkeeper will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analysing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
Main responsibilities include:
- Bookkeeping account information and related administrative requirements and procedures
- Preparing salaries for the employees and liaise with the payroll providers
- Issuing invoices and credit notes
- Preparing financial transactions and track late payments
- Monitoring cash flow, provide analysis of financial data
- With input from the accountants, drafting balance sheet, profit and loss statement, budget and forecasts
- Management of the contacts with the accounting firm in Belgium and the UK
- Draft and record all commercial contracts
- General office work
- Strong analytical skills, a flair for numbersExcellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of Belgian accounting practices and requirements
- Financial degree, a minimum of 5 years of relevant financial experience
- At ease with Excel. Ability to handle Winbooks a plus
- You are discreet and ensure strict confidentiality of the data that you will be working with
- Proficient knowledge of English & French (written and spoken); any other language appreciated
- Good collaboration & communication skills within multicultural environment
- Experience in financial management of EU projects is a plus
- Independent contractor based in Brussels. Pay commensurate with experience.
To apply and/or for more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV, cover letter and at least 2 references with the subject line 'Bookkeeper: [your name]'.
Application Deadline: 28 January 2020
Please note that due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we won't be able to respond to every application individually.