Science|Business, a Brussels-based media company focused on R&D policy and investment, is expanding its news team with the addition of a new journalist to help write and produce a brand-new newsletter aimed at research and innovation professionals across Europe and beyond.
This full-time position is for an enthusiastic journalist who is also passionate about how the news is presented and delivered online. The ideal candidate would have an interest in how the EU works and some experience working in digital media, with knowledge of content management systems and mass mailing software.
The successful candidate would join a team of journalists who are writing incisive news stories and analysis on Horizon Europe and other EU programmes for research and innovation, science policy, academic freedom, and international scientific cooperation.
- Write analytical articles on European research and innovation policy and contribute to an upcoming newsletter EU R&D programmes
- Manage online content
- Produce Science|Business newsletters
- Conduct research on EU documents and data
- Conduct interviews with policymakers and thought leaders in research and innovation insitutions
- Some relevant news and/or digital media experience
- Experience operating of content management systems
- Native or near-native English writing and speaking skills
- Knowledge of French or German is a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience.
This position is for journalists who are either based in Brussels or are willing to move there. Our office is located in the EU quarter, very close to the European Parliament and other EU institutions.
Please send CV and sample clips to [email protected] by 8 December 2023, indicating in the subject line that you are seeking the News assistant and producer job.
Science Business Publishing Ltd. is a UK and Belgian media and communications company specialised in the European innovation community. The company was founded in 2004 by leading science and technology journalists in Europe to facilitate cross-border and cross-sector R&D activities, and has developed a unique reputation among European research institutes, universities, technology companies, EU institutions, and government agencies. Its online news service of EU innovation policy has 25,000 subscribers, and it organises more than 30 events a year on various R&D policy topics.
More at www.sciencebusiness.net