Role: Director of marketing
Position available: immediately
Application deadline: 25 January 2021
Type of contract: Freelance/independent contractor (preferred)
Director of marketing
Science|Business, a growing media and communications company specialised in the EU research and innovation (R&I) policy landscape, is looking for a proactive, forward-thinking director of marketing to drive all marketing efforts and help achieve the company’s strategic objectives. The newly appointed director of marketing will work with a marketing assistant (already in place).
- Review analytics (website, newsletter, specific campaigns, social media) and suggest actions accordingly
- Engage with Science|Business’ online community, in Europe and beyond
- Help develop strategies for international growth of readership and community
- Handle the promotion and marketing activities around events (online and onsite) in collaboration with the company’s Events Officer and other staff members involved
- Supervise (engineer, execute and sell) clients’ advertising campaigns through all Science|Business channels
- Monitor competition and provide ideas to stand out
- Lead on marketing use of the CRM (Active Campaign)
- Supervise social media strategy
- Keep marketing materials up to date and lead on the creation of new ones
- Handle relations with other media (partnerships, write press releases, etc)
- In-depth marketing experience and a passion for digital technologies and tools
- At least 5 years of experience in the media business
- Flexible, adaptable, good team worker
- Proven skills in web-analytics and CRM software
- Knowledge of the European research and innovation scene
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Excellent communicator, both in writing and orally
- Experience in social media
- HTML and design skills a plus
Please send your CV, covering letter and at least 2 references to [email protected] by e-mail if you need more information.
Science Business Publishing Ltd. is a UK and Belgian media and communications company specialised in the European innovation community. The company was founded in 2004 by two leading science and technology journalists in Europe and has expanded to a team of communications experts, developed a unique reputation among European research institutes, universities, technology companies, EU institutions, and government agencies and devised a series of initiatives to help Europe innovate:
- A unique network bringing together more than 70 leading technology universities, multinationals, and public sector organisations to facilitate policy debate and stimulate innovation in Europe.
- An online news service of EU innovation policy and a weekly newsletter distributed to 25,000 key innovation contacts and beyond.
- A communications consulting service, focused on the innovation community. This position would be focused on growing that portion of the business.