Mobile World Capital Barcelona offers an excellent professional opportunity as a Temporary Innovation Programme Manager to join their The Collider program.
What is MWCapital?
Mobile World Capital Barcelona is an initiative that promotes the digital development of society and helps improve people’s lives globally.
With public and private support, MWCapital focuses its activity on four areas: the acceleration of innovation through digital entrepreneurship (The Collider), the transformation of the industry through digital technology (5G), the growth of digital talent among the new generations and professionals (Digital Talent); and reflection on the impact of technology on our society (Digital Future Society). Together, our programs are positively transforming the economy, education, and society.
What is The Collider?
The Collider, a program promoted by the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation, aims to connect scientific talent with entrepreneurial talent in order to create highly innovative technology-based startups that transform the results of scientific research from universities and research centers. in marketable products or services.
The Innovation Program Manager will manage the innovation and training programs of the scientific-innovative ecosystem of The Collider, as well as the recruitment of projects and technologies from the Venture Builder program and will maintain the relationships established between The Collider and all the actors of the scientific ecosystem: universities, research centers, public administrations and research groups.
Objective of the position and responsibilities
- Coordination and management of innovation and training programs with technology transfer offices, researchers and technicians from universities and research centers at the state level.
- Contact and follow-up of relations with universities, research centers, technology centers, public administrations and other actors in the scientific-innovative sector.
- Preparation of proposals for innovation programs adapted to various types of clients and contexts.
- Preparation and management of calls for the recruitment of technologies and projects for The Collider’s innovation programs.
- Creation of analytical reports and presentations of results and new proposals.
- Monitoring and control of suppliers, equipment and coordination between areas for the execution of innovation programs.
- Mapping, analysis and development of relationships with the European scientific-innovative ecosystem.
- Supervision and management of outreach materials and publications.
Experience and skills required:
- Master or Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Business Management or Marketing.
- Demonstrable experience in management of innovation programs, in public administration, public-private sphere or private company.
- Knowledge about entrepreneurship, technology transfer, digital ecosystem and startups.
- Contact with the scientific world and innovation in Catalonia and Spain.
- Knowledge about technology transfer, patents, IP, spinoffs.
- Contact with the European scientific-innovation ecosystem.
- High level of English, Spanish and Catalan.
- Autonomous, responsible, organized, planned person and above all who shows a high degree of interest and desire to learn.
- Ability to resolve and work in a team.
What we offer you at MWCapital
- Temporary project between June 2021 – December 2021 (approximate period).
- Join an exciting project and in a strategic sector.
- Full time and initial temporary contract.
- Access to training, social benefits, flexibility, home office and a good environment.
- Interviews with Talent & People and with the director of the program.
MWCapital guarantees that both the selection processes and the people involved in them (both recruiters and project managers) will not discriminate against any application based on age, disability, ethnicity, marital status, gender, nationality, political ideology, race, religion, or sexual orientation.