Are you an undergraduate - or have you recently graduated in a human resources management discipline? The Eureka Secretariat in Brussels is looking for a trainee to join a talented, 40-strong international team and to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies.
The trainee would start in February or March 2024, for a period of six months.
What is Eureka?
Eureka is the world’s biggest public network for international cooperation in R&D and innovation. Since 1985, governments and public funding agencies in our network have supported the R&D of over 7,000 ground-breaking commercialised innovations that have positively impacted economic growth and industry competitiveness. With several programmes, our network funds small, medium and large companies, universities and research organisations who undertake international R&D projects for civilian purpose.
The Secretariat is made up of 13 different nationalities, where English is the language of communication. The team supports the network’s strategic objectives, manages programme operations, develops and maintains IT platforms, stores data and promotes Eureka to a wide range of stakeholders and beneficiaries. It is also responsible for the implementation of the Eurostars and Innowwide programmes, dedicated to highly innovative SMEs and co-funded by Eureka countries and the European Union as part of the Horizon Europe framework programme.
At Eureka, our people are our most valuable asset.
Do you want to make a real difference to our team, identifying new and developing existing talent?
Then why not join us?
You’re not just a Human Resources professional, you’re a firm believer in how talent management can truly benefit an organisation and bring in broader business benefits. As HR trainee, you will be an integral part of a small and dedicated team eager to deliver excellent service. Under the guidance and support of the Director of Finance and Administration, you can expect to be involved in a variety of tasks:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of HR initiatives and optimising existing systems and processes.
- Providing counselling on HR policies and procedures and assisting with implementing guidelines.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships whilst promoting our organisation’s culture and values.
- Developing training and personal development programmes.
- Being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting vacancies and assisting with the hiring process and optimising our recruitment platform (CVWarehouse).
- Contributing to the onboarding of new employees.
- Performing ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Working as part of a team focused on enhancing employee experience, delivering a positive and responsive approach to enquiries and problem resolution.
Who are we looking for?
- Service-oriented attitude
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Strong ethics
- Reliable and organised approach to collaboration
- Culturally sensitive and diplomatic
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible
- Creative problem-solving abilities and task ownership
- Highly motivated, a team-player and an independent worker.
- Proficient in Office 365 software
- Fluency in English (French is a plus).
Traineeships at Eureka are open to anyone who is legally entitled to work in Belgium and has post-secondary education of at least three years, attested by a diploma.
What do we offer?
- Bachelor’s/master’s graduates will be employed via a professional immersion agreement (Bruxelles FormationVDAB) and will receive an indemnity of 977.50 euro gross per month (for those aged 21 years old and over), according to 2023 indexation.
- Those still enrolled in a degree programme will receive an indemnity depending on their university’s conditions for internships as part of their studies.
- In addition to the above indemnity, a trainee receives:
- meal vouchers of eight euro per workday,
- a 148 euro net monthly allowance for homeworking costs,
- reimbursement of home-office public transport
- one day of leave per worked month.
- As part of our flexible working policy, a trainee can work from home up to two days a week.
APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
- Send a motivation letter accompanied by your CV, completing the application form via the online APPLY button.
- By applying, candidates give their consent to diplomas and references being verified.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted within one month of the application deadline. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: Sunday, 26 November 2023.
 The file of the successful applicant will be submitted to Bruxelles Formation, which will give its approval or not within a period of 10 days from the date of reception. The trainee may only start their traineeship after having received approval from Bruxelles Formation