Eureka is the world’s biggest public network for international cooperation in R&D and
innovation, present in over 45 countries.
Since 1985, national and regional ministries and funding agencies in our network have supported the R&D of over 7,000 ground-breaking commercialised innovations that have positively impacted economic growth and industry competitiveness. With several programmes, our network funds international R&D projects between SMEs, large companies, universities and research organisations
The Brussels Eureka Secretariat supports Eureka’s aim, manages Eureka’s programme operations, develops and maintains IT platforms, stores data and promotes Eureka to other organisations and beneficiaries.
Eureka is a data-driven network. We record, store, analyse and communicate information about tens of thousands of innovation projects worth billions of euros and spanning 48 countries.
Our network of ministries and funding agencies rely on receiving timely and accurate data to identify and select innovation ideas worthy of support, the monitoring of approved projects and assessment of trends to find the next ‘big thing’.
Understanding the value of our programmes is very important; regular impact reports at regional, national and international level help us quantify the added value we generate for society.
We also use our data internally for operational performance analysis and evidence-based decision making.
To support our objective, the Eureka Secretariat (located centrally in Brussels) is looking for a Data Coordinator and Analyst
The ideal candidate will be an experienced data professional who will be responsible for organising data and providing an updated inventory of all data that is entered into the database. They will lead on the creation and organisation of a ‘data hub’, defining, organising and managing a central data source that will maintain the flow of data entry to enable the fast and easy retrieval of accurate data report information.
They must also maintain data integrity and quality by examining data to eliminate any duplicate and/or unreliable records.
Whether through responding to technical requests and recommendations for performance improvements, the design of bespoke data retrieval or assistance with queries and data analysis, they will be a bridge between the IT, strategy, operations and communications teams, supporting all teams to achieve their respective goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets (both structured and unstructured data).
- Produce briefings and reports. Communicate these and provide data and analytical support to stakeholders using both analytical and business jargon (written and oral).
- Design and develop standardised and on-demand reports and dashboards that compile data from different sources, to provide consolidated information for the operations and communications teams. management and Member States.
- Interact with various departments to analyse existing data processes and identify ways to improve efficiency and streamlining of existing procedures.
- Define and establish internal procedures to ensure overall data integrity. Enter data, maintain, clean and update content, run queries, export data, and perform analysis of the various data sets. Write and update technical documentation in English.
- Advise and assist on technical matters to achieve data in- and output from websites, ERP, financial applications and data visualisation tools.
- Develop data-driven impact assessments (and other materials for advocacy) and campaign materials based on robust data, evidence and arguments.
Contribution to the overall company objectives
- As an experienced professional, your inputs on broader business operations in all areas will be welcomed. This may include documentation handling, archiving and access, customer relationship management systems and their integration to further support the management of beneficiary (project participants), stakeholder and network member data.
- Eureka is an English-speaking workplace, so fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
- Strong analytical skills, an ability to quickly grasp technical issues and assess data and good knowledge of Excel or other modelling tools.
- Project management experience, including strong interpersonal and team-working skills and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable skills with data visualisation applications such as Tableau would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- You have a talent for taking things on and making things happen, an enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges.
- You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
- You have the confidence to think and act with initiative and to engage, guide and influence your peers and decision makers.
- You can provide mentoring and training to stakeholders and internal colleagues on various software features and troubleshooting techniques, including on-the-job training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A level of higher education that corresponds to completed post-secondary education of at least three years (attested by a diploma) and at least 4-6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience handling multiple datasets and databases at once and mindful of data quality and potential data corruption pitfalls.
- Experience of data-warehousing and data modification and aggregation.
- Scripting experience to manipulate data, e.g., creating and executing database specific language queries like SQL.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of conceptual or logical database abstraction tools, such as business intelligence applications like SAP Business Objects and PowerBI.
REMUNERATION AND WORK CONDITIONS
- An open-ended contract position.
- Placed within the internal level 2 salary range which has a starting annual salary of 34.800€. The proposed salary within the level will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Attractive extra-legal benefits, like working from home, a flexible work schedule, extra-legal vacation days, group and hospitalisation plans, free public transport to commute to the office, etc.
- An international and dynamic team of roughly 35 employees from 16 different countries. A nice and modern work environment, close to the centre of Brussels and the European quarter, easily reachable by public transport.
- Eureka strongly lives by the values of trust, transparency, passion, creativity, autonomy, collaboration, work-life balance and diversity across all our teams and stakeholders.
APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
- Please apply for this post by sending an email with your CV and motivation letter attached to [email protected] and putting “Data Coordinator & Analyst” and your full name in the subject line of the email.
- By sending an application, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified (although this is not requested at this stage).
Closing date: Friday 17 December 2021, 17:00 CET (Brussels time).
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. Only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.