We are the world’s biggest public network for international cooperation in R&D and innovation, present in over 45 countries.
Since 1985, national and regional ministries and funding agencies in our network have supported the R&D of over 7,000 ground-breaking commercialised innovations that have positively impacted economic growth and industry competitiveness. With several programmes, our network funds international R&D projects between SMEs, large companies, universities and research organisations.
To support Eureka’s aims, we have a Secretariat located in Brussels. At the Eureka Secretariat, we manage Eureka’s programme operations, develop and maintain IT platforms, store data and promote Eureka to other organisations and beneficiaries. We are looking for a Data Coordinator & Analyst to be a part of the Strategy Team who are responsible for strategy, business development, strategic communications and data and impact
You can contribute to the next generation of global innovations!
The Eureka Secretariat is a very international team of roughly 35 employees from 16 different countries. We also receive visits from our Chair (currently Portugal, managed by the Atlantic International Research centre) and other network members from all over the world. Our spacious and modern offices are centrally located in Brussels (Etterbeek) right opposite the Cinquantenaire Park entrance. We are only an escalator away from Merode metro and train station and close to many restaurants and shops.
Join our dynamic team as our new…
Data Coordinator & Analyst
The Eureka Secretariat supports Eureka’s goals, manages Eureka programme operations, develops and maintains IT platforms, collects and stores performance data and promotes Eureka’s added value and impact to the outside world.
Eureka is a data-driven network. We record, store, analyse and communicate information about tens of thousands of innovation projects worth billions of euros and spanning from 48 countries.
Our network of ministries and funding agencies rely on receiving timely and accurate information to identify and select innovation ideas worthy of support, to monitor approved projects and assess trends to find the next ‘big thing’.
Understanding and demonstrating the value of our programmes is very important; regular impact reports at regional, national and international level help us quantify the added value we generate for businesses and society.
We also use our data internally for operational performance analysis and evidence-based decision making.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced data professional with a keen interest to contribute to Eureka’s goals. The selected candidate will be responsible for the collection of data and analysing and reporting on the performance and impact of the R&D funding programmes managed by Eureka.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop data-driven impact assessments (and other materials for advocacy) and campaign material based on robust data, evidence and arguments.
- Design new methodologies to analyse Eureka's performance using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets (both structured and unstructured data).
- Advise and provide support to Eureka staff, Eureka countries and other external stakeholders in the effective use of quantitative information, methodology design and analysis strategy for various projects, produce reports and advise how this information can inform future decisions (looking at economic trends, market behaviour etc.)
- Produce briefings and reports. Communicate these and provide data and analytical support to stakeholders using both analytical and business copy (written and oral).
- Take part in briefings for the development of bespoke presentations or data requests from colleagues (internal and network).
- Coordinate the data collection process in close collaboration with the different programme teams (Eurostars, Network Projects, Globalstars, Clusters).
- Maintain, clean and update content, run queries, export data, and perform analysis of the various data sets.
Contribution to the overall company objectives
- As an experienced professional, your inputs on broader business operations in all areas will be welcomed. This may include document handling, archiving and access, customer relationship management systems and their integration to further support the management of beneficiary (project participant), stakeholder and network member data.
- Interact with various departments to analyse existing processes and identify ways to improve efficiency and streamlining of existing procedures.
- You can provide mentoring and training to stakeholders and internal colleagues, including on-the-job training.
THE PROFILE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical skills, an ability to quickly grasp technical issues and assess data and good knowledge of Excel or other modelling tools.
- Project management experience, including strong interpersonal and team-working skills and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- You have a talent for taking things on and making things happen, an enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges.
- You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
- You have the confidence to think and act with initiative and to engage, guide and influence your peers and decision makers.
- Eureka is an English-speaking workplace, so fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
- Knowledge of key software and IT applications such as Business Objects, PowerBI, SPSS and similar.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A level of higher education that corresponds to completed post-secondary education of at least three years within a relevant field (i.e. mathematics, economics, data science, physical sciences)
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience, ideally with data analysis and coordination
- Experience in designing, managing or performing impact assessments of funding programmes at regional, national or European level and experience from R&D&I policy and facilitation would be a significant advantage.
REMUNERATION AND WORK CONDITIONS
- An open-ended contract.
- A competitive salary, based on level of education and previous professional experience.
- Attractive extra-legal benefits, including a homeworking allowance, a flexible work schedule, extra-legal vacation days, pension and hospitalisation plans, free home-work public transport and meal vouchers.
- An international and dynamic team of around 35 employees from 16 different countries. A nice and modern work environment, close to the centre of Brussels and the European quarter, easily reachable by public transport.
- Eureka strongly lives by the values of trust, transparency, passion, creativity, autonomy, collaboration, work-life balance and diversity across all our teams and stakeholders.
APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
- Please apply for this post by sending an email with your CV and motivation letter attached to [email protected], writing “Data Coordinator & analyst” and your full name in the subject line of the email.
Closing date: Thursday 17 June 2022, 05.00pm Brussels time
- By sending an application, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the European Union.
- The Eureka Association is an equal opportunities employer.
- Please note that applications received beyond the closing date will be refused and that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
- The Eureka Association reserves the right to disregard applications sent through headhunters or recruitment firms.