The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.
Look at the BSC experience:
Context and Mission
The Project Assistant will be in charge of maintaining the national Spanish node of the Coordination and Support Action (CSA) RDA-EU4 that supports the Research Data Alliance (RDA) in Europe. Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) of the project, the successful candidate will assist in organizing the provision of scientific, infrastructural, and training services and activities of the Iberian node of RDA-EU4, and will collaborate in promoting the Research Data Alliance in the region.
The role includes coordinating tasks, like planning and scheduling activities, as well as administrative duties: managing and updating the project documentation, reporting and handling of the necessary financial tasks.
The activities will be carried out from the Barcelona Supercomputing Center in Barcelona.
- Supporting the Principal Investigator (PI) in all his functions and activities in RDA (normal office secretarial duties such as meetings preparation, travel organization, cost claims, records and filing, etc.)
- Supporting the planning activities of the project, such as public events and dissemination actions
- Manage the project budget liaising with the BSC administration, the EU Commission services and the other project partners
- Participating in face-to-face and virtual meetings with the project partners and third parties
- Documenting and reporting the services and activities carried out
- Keeping records and filing all necessary documents for the project
- Education: Bachelor level, university or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and Professional Experience:
- 2-5 years of office secretarial experience
- Project management, better if within European programmes
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Knowledge of SAP financial tools an additional value
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to prioritize and work under set deadlines pressure
- Capacity to interact and build relations with different stakeholders
- Flexibility to adapt to variable workloads and changing priorities
- Capacity to adapt to flexible office time schedules
- Fluency in English and in Spanish essential (knowledge of another EU language an additional value)
- Presentation skills, organization, availability to travel in Europe (around 5 times a year for a short period)
- The position will be located at BSC within the Directors Office – European Relations
- We offer full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, home office, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: ASAP
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references
- A full CV including contact details
The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.