A private Science|Business Data Rules workshop (14:00 – 16:45 CET)
Segment 1: How AI is changing the workplace
- How data analytics has changed employment practices and given risen to the gig economy
- How much data are employers capturing about employees?
- How should employers go about securing employee support for greater use of AI-based tools?
- As digital tech becomes increasingly pervasive, are employers making greater use of biometrics and health-related data?
- To what extent should AI be used to recruit, assess and manage people?
- What are the key risks in each case?
Segment 2: What rules should employers have to follow?
- How should employment-related uses of AI be regulated? For example, should AI be used to gauge employees’ emotions?
- Is the EU AI Act taking the right approach? Or is the White House’s AI Bill of Rights a better approach?
- What are other jurisdictions doing? Will some regions gain a competitive advantage?
- To what extent will employers have to change their practices?
- How will new rules impact the gig economy?